JARAMOGI OGINGA ODINGA UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
AFRICA CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE IN SUSTAINABLE USE OF INSECTS AS FOOD AND FEEDS
The Africa Center of Excellence in Sustainable Use of Insects as Food and Feeds (INSEFOODS) is one of the 24 competitively selected Centers under the World Bank’s Eastern and Southern Africa Higher Education Centers of Excellence Project II (ACE II).
The goal of INSEFOODS is to achieve long-term food and nutritional security by using insects as a cost-effective source of protein and other nutrients for food and feeds.
Students interested in conducting thesis research related to insects as food and feeds will qualify for a limited number of partial or full scholarships.
INSEFOODS seeks to offer a limited number of competitive Masters scholarships to eligible applicants.
Female and special groups are encouraged to apply.
- Full scholarship includes tuition, research and stipend.
- Partial scholarship will be for either thesis research or stipend only upon full registration and payment of tuition fees.
- Self-sponsored students or students with alternative scholarships are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the admission criteria for postgraduate programmes of Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology (JOOUST).
Applications are invited for a 2-Year Full Time/Part time Masters degree in the following programmes:
- Master of Public Health
- M.Sc. in Epidemiology and Biostatistics
More information about the Masters programmes being offered can be found at the JOOUST website: www.jooust.ac.ke
- Cricket Rearing and Value Addition
- Black Soldier Fly Rearing and Value Addition
Admission Requirements for Short courses
Short Courses are meant to impart knowledge to farmers to farm edible insects as a novel income generating enterprise; the minimum requirement is ability to read and write Basic English.
- By post enclosing their applications in an envelope marked INSEFOODS Programmes, to the following address: Director INSEFOODS, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology, P.O. Box 210-40601, Bondo, Kenya.
- Hand delivery enclosed in envelope marked INSEFOODS Programmes and submit to INSEFOODS Project Office, Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology, Bondo.
N/B: The deadline for applying for the scholarships is June 21st , 2018. Successful candidates will be notified through letters and/or their e-mail.
Application fee of Ksh. 1000 (US$ 10) for Short courses and Ksh. 3,000 (US$ 30) for Masters programmes payable at EQUITY BANK, Bondo Town Branch, Kenya, A/C No. 0750271748376; Account Name: Jaramogi Oginga Odinga University of Science and Technology ACE II Project. Application forms can be downloaded from http://www.jooust.ac.ke/insefoods