Prof. Stephen G. Agong’
B.Sc., M.Sc. (UoN), Ph.D. (Giessen), FAAS
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be appointed competitively by the Cabinet Secretary on the recommendation of Council.
- Subject to the provision of the Charter and this Statute, the conditions of appointment of the Vice-Chancellor shall be as set out in Schedule II of these Statutes and subject to amendments thereto determined by the Council from time to time.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for five (5) years, renewable once provided that he or she may resign the office by giving six months notice, in writing, or six months salary in lieu of notice.
- The Council may also terminate the appointment by giving six months notice in writing or six months salary in lieu of notice.
- Where the Vice-Chancellor is appointed from outside the University, he/she shall be an associate member of the appropriate department in the University. However, where the Vice-Chancellor is appointed from among the University staff , he/she shall be expected to seek leave of absence from his/her department for the period he/she holds the office, and shall revert to his /her department at the end of the appointment.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the chief executive officer and accounting officer of the University and shall—
- be the academic and administrative head of the University;
- have the overall responsibility for the direction, organization, administration, maintaining and promoting good order and programmes of the University; and
- have such responsibilities and duties as may be provided for in these Statutes.
- A person shall only be appointed as a Vice-Chancellor where the person is of high moral character and integrity in accordance with Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- The Vice- Chancellor shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of the University assisted by the Management Board of the University in accordance with the provisions of section 43 of the Act and section 24 of the Charter.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be responsible for policy matters, planning, public relations, fund-raising and general development of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be Chairperson of -
- Management Board
- The Vice-Chancellor shall be the Secretary to the University Council.
- The Vice-Chancellor may from time to time assign or delegate any of the duties to a committee or to a member of staff of the University and may withdraw such assignment or delegation.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall, by virtue of this office, be a member of every School/Faculty/Institute Board within the University and a member of every committee appointed by the respective University Management Board and Senate, unless otherwise expressly provided.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned or delegated to him/her by the Council.
Office of the Vice Chancellor - Staff Members
|Designation||Name||View staff profile (Biography, CV, Publications and Research Groups)|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Stephen G. Agong'||view profile|
|Snr Secretary Executive Secretary II||Ms. Carolyne  Awuor||view profile|
|Records Clerk (Off. Asst.)||Ms. Margaret  Ojwando||view profile|
|Senior Driver||Mr. Bovince  Boko||view profile|